- Higher Secondary Examination Certificate
||This course is designed specifically to equip students with the necessary theoretical understanding of aircraft maintenance and related systems, and is backed by practical experience in our workshops at mechanic level. The course may lead to EASA Part-66 Category A licence which, subject to authorisation by the Part-145 Organization, will permit the holder to issue Certificates of Release to Service following minor scheduled works that may include line maintenance, defect rectification and components changes.
- Interviews for work placements are usually held between the MRO and the candidate via Skype prior the beginning of the course
- Work placements are subject to performance and aptitude of the student during the interview and therefore they are not guaranteed by the MROs (Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul Companies).
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the candidate will be eventually employed by the same company with which he/she is doing the placement, neither MCAST nor the company can guarantee employment after the completion of the course.
- Payment rate will be discussed and agreed between the MRO and the candidate.
- Licence is conferred within 1 year upon successful completion of the taught component, the apprenticeship and the log book. During this year another log book has to be filled in and assessed by Transport Malta. It will take 3 years for the conferment of the license should the student has to re-sit any failing units.
- Examinations are held by Transport Malta and the candidate is expected to pay for these exams. Exams are not included in the course fee
- Aviation English
- Module 1 – Mathematics
- Module 2 – Physics
- Module 3 – Electrical Fundamentals
- Module 5 – Digital Techniques Electronic Instrument Systems
- Module 6 – Materials and Hardware
- Module 7 – Maintenance Practices
- Module 8 – Basic Aerodynamics
- Module 9 – Human Factors
- Module 10 – Aviation Legislation
- Module 11 – Turbine Aeroplane Aerodynamics, Structures and Systems
- Module 15 – Gas Turbine Engines
- Module 17 – Propellers
- Line maintenance mechanic
- Workshop mechanic
icon-backward Back to list of Bespoke courses