Coordinator – Training for Industry
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the Manager (Training for Industry). Will be responsible for:
- Identifying business opportunities after evaluating Industry training needs
- Sell training services by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommend solutions;
- Maintain relationship with clients by providing support, information and guidance, researching and recommending new training opportunities
- Business development and Bespoke courses range expansion
- Send outbound emails with information on MCAST courses, workshops and events.
- Handle inbound and outbound phone conversations and track all customer interactions in our MIS
- Make every potential client happy with every interaction, regardless of deal size or likelihood of close
- Work with marketing, academic, operations and technology teams to drive growth for the business
- Proactively communicate accurate sales forecasts and relevant information to team Manager
- Constantly seek opportunities to improve the user acquisition process and increase efficiency.
- A recognized bachelor’s degree in either marketing or business administration at MQF Level 6 or a bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences
- Preferably in possession of in-depth knowledge of the local industry
- 1-year experience in marketing or sales
- Charismatic, strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Motivated team leader with a results-driven attitude
- Knowledge of data analysis and reporting
- Be expected to travel locally to meet potential clients
- Experience in sales or customer service.
- Motivation driven by KPI’s.
- Ability to manage time, multi-task and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in learning industry is an asset
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Personal data provided by a candidate will be processed by the organisation for the purposes of its recruitment process and in case of employment for the purposes of the employee’s relationship with the organisation.